Also available in: हिन्दी (Hindi)
February 8, 2018
Eminent members of the Sunni Waqf Board, All India Muslim Personal Law Board and others met Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and expressed support for an out of court settlement in the Ayodhya matter.
From left to right: Athar Husain Siddiqui (Director, CORD), Dr. Anees Ansari (Retd. IAS), Mr. AR Rahman (Businessman), Maulana Wasif Hasan (Telay Wali Masjid, Lucknow), Maulana Isa Mansuri (Chairman, World Islamic Forum, London, UK), Imran Ahmed (Advocate, Lucknow), Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Maulana Syed Salman Husain Nadvi (Executive Member, Muslim Personal Law Board), Mr. Uaida, Mr. A. Aboobucker (Former Vice Chairman, Haj Committee of India), Mr. Zufar Ahmad Farooqui (Chairman, UP Sunni Central Waqf Board), MGS Kamal (Advocate, Bangalore), Dr. Musa Kaiser
They have supported the proposal of shifting the Masjid outside to another place. Many Muslim stakeholders are co-operating in this matter. 16 leaders from multiple organizations including All India Muslim Personal Law Board, Sunni Waqf Board, attended the meeting. Representatives and scholars from various states were present too.
A bigger meeting is slated to be held in Ayodhya soon.
Participants in the meeting included
- Mr. Athar Husain Siddiqui, Director, CORD
- Dr. Anees Ansari, Retd. IAS
- Mr. AR Rahman, Businessman
- Maulana Wasif Hasan, Telay Wali Masjid, Lucknow
- Maulana Isa Mansuri, Chairman, World Islamic Forum, London, UK
- Mr. Imran Ahmed, Advocate, Lucknow
- Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Mr. Maulana Syed Salman Husain Nadvi, Executive Member, Muslim Personal Law Board
- Mr. Uaida
- Mr. A. Aboobucker, Former Vice Chairman, Haj Committee of India
- Mr. Zufar Ahmad Farooqui, Chairman, UP Sunni Central Waqf Board.
- Mr. MGS Kamal, Advocate, Bangalore
- Dr. Musa Kaiser, Bangalore